Compensable Persistent Pain Program
About the Compensable Persistent Pain Program
Chronic, or persistent, pain is becoming more common in our community, and researchers have been studying it to understand the biological, social, psychological, and brain-related reasons behind it. This research is changing how we deal with and handle pain and moving away from medications and passive treatment.
We now know that pain is not simple—it's complicated. To manage it effectively, we need a special plan that considers a person's whole life, and we call this plan a biopsychosocial model. It looks at every part of a person's life to find the best ways to help with their pain.
The Pain Therapy Programs have evolved from a long history of running pain programs in Adelaide’s north-eastern suburbs. Our experience in this field has taught us some important lessons regarding treating persistent pain.
These lessons have formed the structure and design of the program.
Our 8-week group Pain program is run by our very experienced psychologists and physiotherapists.
This program has been designed for Compensable clients, paid by Insurance companies for work (RTWSA) and motor vehicle injuries (CTP).
- Thorough pre-program assessment to identify client beliefs and needs.
- Utilising small group dynamics and collective intelligence.
- An approach which integrates Psychological, Neuroscience and Rehabilitative models.
- Focus on empowering clients through education and experiential learning.
- Transparency with clients regarding the process, goal setting and desired outcomes.
Goals of the Program
- To accept that pain can be overcome with effective management strategies and to reduce (and stop) pain medications.
- To change your current responses to pain by teaching you practical strategies to manage or even get rid of pain and its symptoms.
- To help you recognise the connections between your thoughts, emotions, and actions, and to help you change them into adaptive and positive patterns.
- To teach you to think about future problems and develop solutions to manage these situations.
- To help you manage your sleep, mood etc without the use of medications.
- To help you change poor health beliefs to allow you to live life fully.
Structure of the Program
- Pre-program assessments 2 weeks prior to commencement.
- 8 week program duration with two 2 hourly sessions per week.
- Post program assessments.
- Group follow up sessions at 1 & 2 month post program.
Working with the Client's Team
We believe in working closely with both the client, their treatment team and their case manager to facilitate best practice rehabilitation.
We are transparent in our goals.
We also aim to be transparent in the results of attendance, both individual and of the group.
- Prior to the program a client assessment is undertaken and a report is sent to all stakeholders.
- Mid-program assessment and report are sent at the 5 week mark.
- Case conferences can be undertaken if obstacles are identified.
- End of program assessments and comprehensive report discussing outcomes and any ongoing rehabilitation requirements.
Cost will vary depending on your needs and the relevant program chosen.
RTWSA or CTP Insurances will pay for approved compensable clients.
Please register your interest or contact us for further information.
Check Our Other Programs
For more information on one of our many programs, like one of the following, please select the relevant link to register your interest.
- Pain Therapy Programs ranging from prevention to managing persistent pain.
- Meerkat Anxiety Therapy Programs for innovative ways to manage anxiety and train you to achieve resilience and calm.
- Driver Active8 Therapy Program for treating trauma and fear of driving or being a passenger.
- Patient to Person Program to help reduce the merry-go-round of treatments which do not add to your overall health and wellbeing.
- Art Therapy Programs to help express emotions without words and process complex feelings which can help you find relief from what is causing you angst.