Patient to Person Program
About the Patient to Person Program
The Patient to Person Program has evolved from our long history of working in the pain science space. We have watched people become trapped in a merry-go-round of treatments which do not add to their overall health and wellbeing. People start to reduce their function and lose their independence. Their day is filled with either appointments or they do nothing.
Returning to the community and life takes purpose and persistence. This 16 week program takes into account people’s abilities as well as disabilities and the roadblocks in their path.
Goals of the Program
- Enable people to develop positive health literacy.
- Choose interventions that are proactive such as exercise, life activities and at times work.
- Avoid passive therapy (excessive medication, massage, passive physiotherapy, rest) and increase self management.
- Help people identify links between thoughts, feelings and behaviours and to recognise unhelpful patterns.
- Assist people to change these thoughts and feelings into positive patterns and to increase their confidence in their ability to maintain this.
- Teach people to think about future problems and develop solutions to manage these situations.
- Facilitate new goals for people to participate fully in life.
Cost will vary depending on your needs.
Please register your interest or contact us for further information.
Check Our Other Programs
For more information on one of our many programs, like one of the following, please select the relevant link to register your interest.
- Pain Therapy Programs ranging from prevention to managing persistent pain.
- Meerkat Anxiety Therapy Programs for innovative ways to manage anxiety and train you to achieve resilience and calm.
- Driver Active8 Therapy Program for treating trauma and fear of driving or being a passenger.
- Patient to Person Program to help reduce the merry-go-round of treatments which do not add to your overall health and wellbeing.
- Art Therapy Programs to help express emotions without words and process complex feelings which can help you find relief from what is causing you angst.