SOMNI Sleep Therapy Program
About the SOMNI Sleep Therapy Program
Research has shown that almost 60 per cent of people regularly experience at least one sleep symptom (like trouble falling or staying asleep), and 14.8 per cent have symptoms which could result in a diagnosis of clinical insomnia.
It has also shown that more female respondents than male respondents reported “often or always” worrying about getting a good night’s sleep (31% vs 21%) and being overwhelmed by thoughts when trying to sleep (35% vs 25%).
Many things can affect your sleep.
These can include:
- Too much caffeine.
- Too much use of devices.
- Watching Vampire moves just before bed!
- Shift work.
- Pain or other health conditions.
- Worry and rumination.
But did you know, good sleep can be trained?
Come and learn about sleep and how to train a good night’s sleep. We do this in a group setting over 3 weeks, twice a week (6 sessions x 90 mins). This will include teaching you strategies of self-hypnosis.
Bring your pillow, teddy bear (or meerkat) and join us at Paragon PsychConnect to learn to Zzzzzzzz.
Read our blog on Sleep Therapy.
Goals of the Program
- Learn about sleep science.
- Learn new skills to retrain your sleep patterns and make them lasting.
- Learn self-hypnosis and how to use it to get to sleep.
- Have fun while you learn these new skills.
Structure of the Program
- Pre-program assessment prior to commencement + a brief report.
- 3 week (two 90 min sessions per week). The presenter will be a psychologist who has a great deal of expertise in sleep.
- Post program assessment + brief report.
- Workbook and hypnosis tracks will also be provided to the participants.
Programs are running throughout the year, so register your interest.
Many of our clients at Paragon PsychConnect present with sleep problems.
We have tried to make this program as cost effective as possible so we are running it in a group setting. We also believe people learn best in groups!
Our Sleep Program is for both compensable clients (paid for by RTWSA and the CTP insurances) and private clients (partially funded by Medicare).
Our goal is to ensure that as many people as possible can complete the Sleep Program.
Please contact us to find out about costs if you are a private client as costs will differ depending on your circumstances (discount if on Centrelink payments).
Please register your interest or contact us for further information.
Latest Sleep Therapy Blog
Check Our Other Programs
For more information on one of our many programs, like one of the following, please select the relevant link to register your interest.
- Pain Therapy Programs ranging from prevention to managing persistent pain.
- Meerkat Anxiety Therapy Programs for innovative ways to manage anxiety and train you to achieve resilience and calm.
- SOMNI Sleep Therapy Program includes education about sleep, reducing and helping you eliminate the need for medications as well as hypnosis to aid in regulating your sleep patterns.
- Driver Active8 Therapy Program for treating trauma and fear of driving or being a passenger.
- Patient to Person Program to help reduce the merry-go-round of treatments which do not add to your overall health and wellbeing.
- Art Therapy Programs to help express emotions without words and process complex feelings which can help you find relief from what is causing you angst.
- Adult ADHD Therapy Program addressing many of the issues you may have encountered including identifying the symptoms of Adult ADHD, strategies of management, and turning your ADHD into a superpower.