Meerkat Anxiety Therapy Programs
About the Meerkat Anxiety Programs
Anxiety is an increasing problem for both children and adults in Australia, impacting negatively on physical health, social inclusion and work.
At least a quarter of Australians aged 16 to 85 have experienced an anxiety disorder at some stage in their life.
The Meerkat Therapy Program looks at innovative ways of managing anxiety and training you to achieve resilience and
We teach people skills of calming their Amygdala—or as we call it “the Meerkat brain”.
The Amygdala is the integrative centre in the brain for emotions, emotional behaviour, and motivation. When this part of the brain becomes hyperalert, it presents as anxiety.
Read our blog on Meerkat Anxiety Therapy.
We offer 2 Anxiety Programs:
- Children, 10-14 yrs old (pups), accompanied by an adult.
They will cover similar topics but will be age appropriate.
Goals of the Programs
- Learn the science underpinning anxiety.
- Learn new skills and how to use them every day to increase calmness.
- Help you identify links between thoughts, feelings and behaviours and to recognise unhelpful patterns.
- Assist you to change these thoughts and feelings into positive patterns and to increase you confidence in your ability to maintain this.
- Help you develop resilience.
- Have fun while you learn these new skills.
Structure of the Program
- Pre-program assessment prior to commencement + brief report.
- 10 week group program duration with a 90 min session per week. The presenter will be a psychologist who has a great deal of expertise in anxiety.
- Post program assessment + brief report.
- Workbook and hypnosis tracks will also be provided to the participants.
Programs are running throughout the year, so register your interest.
A large percentage of our work at Paragon PsychConnect focuses on anxiety. We believe that skills to manage anxiety and retrain the anxious (Meerkat) brain are best learnt in a group setting.
We have tried to make this program as cost effective as possible.
Our Anxiety Programs are for both compensable clients (paid for by RTWSA and the CTP insurances) and private clients (partially funded by Medicare).
Our goal is to ensure that as many people as possible can complete the program.
Please contact us to find out about costs if you are a private client as costs will differ depending on your circumstances (discount if on Centrelink payments).
Please register your interest or please contact us for further information.
Latest Blogs on Anxiety
Check Our Other Programs
For more information on one of our many programs, like one of the following, please select the relevant link to register your interest.
- Pain Therapy Programs ranging from prevention to managing persistent pain.
- Meerkat Anxiety Therapy Programs for innovative ways to manage anxiety and train you to achieve resilience and calm.
- Driver Active8 Therapy Program for treating trauma and fear of driving or being a passenger.
- Patient to Person Program to help reduce the merry-go-round of treatments which do not add to your overall health and wellbeing.
- Art Therapy Programs to help express emotions without words and process complex feelings which can help you find relief from what is causing you angst.