Brucee’s Ode to our Meerkat Mob08/07/2023
Football (Soccer) is Life05/08/2023
Women’s Health Week 2023
With Women's Health Week around the corner, it is a timely reminder for women to set aside some time for their health and overall wellbeing. So, we're shining a spotlight on the unique aspects of women's health and how having a healthy mind and body can play a crucial role.
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (2022), females aged 18 and over were more likely to have 1 or more chronic illness compared with men (56.6% compared with 49.5%) and nearly half (45%) have experienced a mental health issue at some point during their life.
Let’s face it, life can get a little crazy sometimes and we can forget about our own needs. This is until our mind and body start showing us signs that it needs a little TLC.
So, let’s take a moment to explore some tips to boost your health and wellbeing.
- Mind Matters: A healthy mind sets the stage for a healthy life. Embrace self-awareness, practice self-care, stress management and remember, seeking support is a strength. A healthy mind positively influences decision-making, relationships and quality of life, so let's nurture our minds together!
- General Health: Ladies, good physical health is vital for women to thrive. This means we need to move, follow a balanced diet, drink lots of H20 and have important health screenings. Adopting healthy habits will help improve mood and energy, reduce stress and prevent illness. And don’t forget to laugh!
- Hormones & Harmony: Understand the impact of hormones on mood and emotions. From periods to menopause, our hormones are forever changing and can have a direct link to our mood, energy, sleep and even weight gain.
- Social Support: We're stronger together! Social connectedness has been shown to reduce depression, improve self-esteem, build resilience and improve quality of life. We are social beings so connect with your tribe and share experiences. Not just sip and paint. Try some of the crochet groups – the things you can learn will amaze you. Combined wisdom is a brilliant thing.
- Sleep: Sleep is like a superpower and is often underrated. We recharge and detox when we sleep, aiding in recovery, concentration, creativity, energy and emotional regulation. So next time you crawl under the covers, remember the strength you will have in the morning to conquer the day’s challenges. Go on, treat yourself to a new quilt cover.
- Age with Grace: As we age, our health needs change and with these changes comes a greater need for health literacy. Our interactions with the healthcare system may increase overtime. Understanding medical terms, treatment options, and medications can help empower us to communicate effectively with healthcare provider and advocate for our needs.
Want to dive deeper into the captivating world of women's psychology and well-being?
At Paragon PsychConnect, we’re passionate about supporting women on their unique journey to mental and physical wellness.